Your Plaza Dentist Offers Same-Day Emergency Dental Appointments
October 1, 2020
Your Plaza dentist, Dr. Lee, is well-equipped to help you during a dental emergency, and offers same-day dental emergency appointments. A dental emergency can happen at any time and for many different reasons. The American Dental Association (ADA), reported the top two causes of adult tooth damage to be sports and car accidents. Some people will experience sudden oral pain unrelated to any injury or impact, because their tooth cracked or broke while eating.
But no matter how your dental emergency occurs, your Plaza dentist, Dr. Lee, offers convenient, same-day dental emergency appointments. Oral pain is serious business, and can lead to further complications when left untreated. Here are a few reasons you might be feeling dental pain:
· Toothache: Sometimes brushing, rinsing or flossing can relieve discomfort. When your pain is increasing as the day progresses, or hurts for more than a day, you need to see your Plaza dentist for help.
· Loose Tooth/Knocked Out Tooth: An impact severe enough to loosen a tooth or knock out a tooth could cause additional oral damage, and if left untreated can lead to infection or other complications.
· Gum/Tongue/Cheek Injuries: A little bleeding after brushing or flossing can be normal, however, if the bleeding is not stopping or is a result of an impact injury, seek immediate dental attention from your Plaza dentist.
· Chipped/Broken Teeth: You want to seek immediate dental attention if the chip is significant, your tooth is cracked, or the tooth itself is in pieces.
· Lost Filling/Crown: Sometimes dealing with a lost filling or crown can be daunting, but it is important to see a dentist as quickly as possible to avoid infection, or damage to the exposed gum.
· Abscess: When left untreated, oral infections can lead to an extremely painful and dangerous dental abscess. Your Plaza dentist can help to determine if the infection has settled into your jawbone, and if you might need oral surgery.
Ready to Improve Your Smile?
Schedule your appointment today.