Dentist on the Plaza Emergency Dental Care and COVID-19 Measures
Dentist on the Plaza Dr. Jodie Wing Lee is making changes to accommodate patient needs while staying in accordance with a statement issued by the American Dental Association (ADA) regarding COVID-19 by providing emergency dental care only for at least the next few weeks. As our nation takes steps to self-isolate and quarantine in order to minimize the spread of the coronavirus, based on the CDC and Federal recommendations, our office is making the following changes to keep our patients and dental staff safe:
- Toothache – Sometimes brushing, rinsing or flossing can relieve discomfort. When your pain is increasing as the day progresses or hurts for more than a day you need to see a dentist.
- Tooth Loose/Knocked Out – An impact severe enough to loosen a tooth or knock out a tooth could cause additional oral damage and if left untreated can lead to infection or other complications.
- Gum/Tongue/Cheek Injuries – A little bleeding after brushing or flossing can be normal; however, if the bleeding is not stopping or is a result of an impact injury, seek immediate dental attention.
- Chipped/Broken Teeth – You want to seek immediate dental attention If the chip is significant or your tooth is cracked, or your tooth is in pieces.
- Lost Filling/Crown – This can be painful, and it is important that you get to see a dentist as quickly as possible to avoid infection or damage to your exposed gum.
- Abscess – An untreated oral infection can lead to an extremely painful and dangerous dental abscess. If the infection settles into your jawbone you could need oral surgery.
St. Luke’s Medical Plaza, Building 1
4320 Wornall Rd., Ste 446, Kansas City, Missouri 64111
Ready to Improve Your Smile?
Schedule your appointment today.